CMCT SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
The Co-Mission Churches Trust (CMCT) and the leaders of all our Churches recognise the importance of
our ministries with children and young people and adults at risk. We recognise the need to provide a safe
and caring environment and are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of those entrusted
to our care.
We are committed to:
● Following the requirements of UK legislation in relation to safeguarding children and adults at
risk and good practice recommendations.
● Exercising proper care in the appointment and selection of all those who will work with children
and adults at risk, and ensuring that workers adhere to the agreed procedures of our
● Supporting our Safeguarding Coordinator in her work and in any action she may need to take in
order to protect children or adults at risk.
● Supporting all in the organisation affected by abuse.
● Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
● That all safeguarding concerns and allegations must be reported to our Safeguarding
● Children’s Social Services has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of
abuse where there are concerns about a child; and Adult Safeguarding services have lead
responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns
about an adult at risk.
● Where an allegation suggests that a criminal offence may have been committed then the police
should be contacted as a matter of urgency.
We will review this statement and our Safeguarding Policy and procedures annually. Our Safeguarding
Policy has been approved by our advisers, Christian Safeguarding Services and a copy is available from
the church office.
If you have any concerns for a child or adult at risk, please contact the CMCT Safeguarding Coordinator:
(m) 07778 533 463